Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking for a flexible job that suits your needs?
Newcross Healthcare is currently looking for Student Nurses to join our team in the role of Care Assistant in Weston-super-Mare, Churchill, Winscombe, Congresbury and the surrounding locations.
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with development and progression
- Building relationships with service users and their family members
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community and other residents
- Flexible full time and part time hours with a variety of shifts available
- Specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- 30,000 discounts across high street retailers nationwide
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to one with Newcross Healthcare)
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £13.63/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Do you find unexpected costs effect your life? Newcross Healthcare can remove some of the stresses of last minute expenses by offering you Flexi Pay! Our app feature allows you to withdraw 'same day pay' for up to 50% of the value of your shift.
Simply digitally submit your timesheet and you can choose when you withdraw your pay! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
Meet The Team - Our Weston-super-Mare team is based in Worle Park Way, near the train station and just off the M5 road.
How To Proceed
To begin your career with Newcross today, simply click 'Apply' to submit your online application. A member of our dedicated in-house recruitment team will call you to discuss the role further. We look forward to speaking to you!
Submit Your Application Today!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.