Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you seeking a new career avenue?
Newcross Healthcare have several opportunities for Student Nurses looking to work as Care Assistants, providing outstanding care and support to our service users in Chelmsford and the surrounding areas.
You will be working as Care Assistant, looking after the comfort of patients, keeping areas clean and tidy and helping our users with personal care, physical needs and social requirements.
You will also assist our residents with clinical duties such as observing, monitoring and recording patients' conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight.
What you'll need to succeed
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
* Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
* A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
* You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
What do we offer?
- Salary of up to £11.78 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street store
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed.
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
A feature completely unique to Newcross, one that provides you unmatched flexibility to choose when you get paid. Combined with digital timesheets & timecards, there is no need to wait for payday to come around.
Exclusive training courses
This role gives you the chance to improve your skills with a wide range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
You could choose between a variety of topics such as Speech, Signs and Symbols, Safeguarding Adults and End of Life Care.
Is this the opportunity you've been waiting for?
Then submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
We'll provide you with video calling technology that allows you to attend your interview without leaving the house.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.