Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a student nurse looking for a flexible job to suit your needs?
Newcross Healthcare are currently seeking Student Nurses to join as Care Assistants to work through our local Edinburgh branch to care for our service users across Edinburgh and the surrounding suburbs.
Become A Care Assistant
In this caring position your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will be playing an essential role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Meet The Team - Our local branch are located in New Mart Place, just a short distance from Stenhouse Mansion and the Slateford train station.
Why You Should Join Newcross
- Salary of up to £12.37/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay - Same day pay app feature
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your studies
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Free Training And Development
At Newcross we want to offer our staff every opportunity to up-skill and develop in their new role. We want to invest in our staff and commit to the continual development of our team. Earn training credits as you work and exchange them to be enrolled in a variety of different free training programs. Topics include Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Same Day Pay
Newcross understands that as a student, unexpected costs can put a strain on your life. We hope to remove some of the stresses of last minute expenses by offering you Flexi Pay! Our app feature allows you to withdraw 'same day pay' for up to 50% of the value of your shift.
Simply digitally submit your timesheet and you can choose when you withdraw your pay! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
You will have a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the option to work full or part time hours. This will provide you with the security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to manage your work-life schedule.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to one with Newcross Healthcare)
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
Click 'Apply' to submit an application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch. We look forward to speaking to you!
Begin your application… TODAY!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way