Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Choose a job that fits around your studies!
We are seeking Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistants (HCAs) and provide care and support to our service users living in Nottingham and the surrounding areas.
Why work with us?
- Flexible full time and part time hours across various weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Up to 30,000 discounts available across a variety of high street retailers nationwide
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering various topics
Our innovative Flexi Pay app feature allows our healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive constant care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. These will vary but will primarily include personal care, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services required.
Successful candidates will have the chance to develop their skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover various topics including Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development courses
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from our clinical governance team, line manager, in house office support and a designated [field] team leader
Your Nottingham team
Your local branch is located in the city of Nottingham, home to the legend of Robin Hood. We are based at 2 King Street which is just a short walk from Nottingham train station.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.