Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Want to earn and learn in a friendly care team?
A Student Nurse working as a Care Assistant, will be supporting our service users in Portsmouth, Chichester, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Gosport and the surrounds. You'll be supporting the day-to-day lives of residents in a range of establishments in your area as part of a team of health and social care professionals.
This role provides you with a unique chance to really grow in your career, take on new responsibilities and enjoy the new relationships that you build each day. Working for Newcross is an opportunity to become part of a supportive community, supported by like minded individuals.
What you'll gain
- An hourly rate of up to £14.35, including holiday pay
- Immediate pay with Flexi Pay, making the wait for payday a thing of the past
- A range of flexible shifts to choose from including part-time, full-time, day and night shifts
- Free training opportunities to take your career in whichever direction you choose
- Access to appointments with NHS-registered GPs through a Virtual GP app
- Face to face and telephone counselling for mental health support when you need it
With Flexi Pay, you are able to instantly withdraw an advance of up to 50% of the value of your existing shifts even on weekends and bank holidays!
You'll need to be an empathetic caregiver, with a minimum of 3 months of experience under your belt and the right to live and work in the UK. If you don't yet have an up-to-date Moving and Handling certificate, you can complete our training. You'll have a desire to become a true companion to the people in your care.
You will need access to a smart device with an internet connection to pick up shifts and submit timesheets through our app, HealthForceGo®. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, but is not mandatory.