Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Do you want to broaden your skill set whilst helping others?
Newcross Healthcare is searching for dedicated Student Nurses to take on the role of a Care Assistant in Portsmouth, Chichester, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Gosport and the surrounding locations.
Your local branch is located at 62-63 South Street, just a short distance from both Chichester Cathedral and Chichester train station.
What to expect in the role
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with their progression and development
- Building strong relationships with service users, family members and encourage new friendships
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
- Any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart phone/device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your study schedule
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Same day pay
Living costs can be difficult as a student, which is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our staff to access our 'same day pay' feature on our HealthForceGo app, so you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to develop their current skill set with a variety of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
Apply now to find out more!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.