Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a student nurse looking for a flexible job to suit your needs?
As a Student Nurse working as a Care Assistant in Portsmouth, Chichester, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Gosport and the surrounds, you'll be a key team member, working with supportive colleagues to assist our service users with clinical needs, social activities and any additional services that are required. Your duties will include supporting service users with personal care tasks, making up beds, clinical requirements, meal preparation, social activities and any other services needed.
Why work for Newcross?
Here's what we will offer you in exchange for your hard work and dedication:
- An hourly rate of up to £13.19, including holiday pay
- Immediate pay with Flexi Pay, making the wait for payday a thing of the past
- A range of flexible shifts to choose from including part-time, full-time, day and night shifts
- Free training opportunities to take your career in whichever direction you choose
- Access to appointments with NHS-registered GPs through a Virtual GP app
- Face to face and telephone counselling for mental health support when you need it
- Free DBS and uniform.
You'll be a real people person, able to build lasting relationships with service users, their family and your healthcare team. You'll need a minimum of 3 months of paid caregiving experience over the past 3 years and be armed with evidence of situations in which you've displayed our company values of trust, empathy and expertise. You'll also need past experience in moving and handling and personal care. The right to work in the UK is also a requirement.
Would you like to be in control of when you get paid? With the new Flexi Pay feature of our app you're able to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).