Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you student nurse looking for a flexible job to fit around your studies?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Student Nurses to work as Care Assistants providing care and support to our service users living in Sheffield and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will work closely with our service users and ensure that they receive excellent care and support in line with their personal care plans. You will assist them with personal care, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services required.
With us, you have the opportunity to access up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Training
Working with us gives you exclusive access to a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. You can take advantage of a variety of topics including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Opportunities are also available for you to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
Your local Sheffield team
Situated in the UK's 11th largest city the Sheffield Newcross branch is in a prime location to provide the South Yorkshire and Pennines regions with healthcare professionals.
Our branch is located in St James House, Vicar Lane, close to the city centre.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Benefits will include
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from our clinical governance team, line manager, in house office support and a designated [field] team leader
- 30,000 discounts available as part of our Perks at Work scheme
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.