Student Nurse: Care Assistant
If you're a Student Nurse eager to 'earn while you learn' then look no further!
Newcross Healthcare have several opportunities for Student Nurses looking to work as Care Assistants, delivering care to our service users in Swansea, Llanelli, Neath, Ammanford and the surrounds.
What To Expect In The Role
Working as a Newcross Care Assistant means you will be involved in ensuring all those in your care receive the highest quality of person-centred care. You must be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing support that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
Personal care could include: dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will play an essential role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
Free Training Courses
Working with us gives you unprecedented access to a broad catalogue of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover various topics and give you the opportunity to develop your current skill set. Topics include Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Benefits Of Newcross
- Flexible full time and part time hours available with various shifts available
- 30,000 discounts as part of our 'Perks at Work' scheme
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work and with topics to choose from
Our Swansea branch which is located in Barquentine House on Quay West near Swansea city centre. Based close to the River Tawe at Quay West, the centre is just a short walk from Swansea train station.
We Offer Same Day Pay
At Newcross, we appreciate that last minute expenses can be stressful so we have introduced the Flexi Pay app feature. With Flexi Pay you are able to withdraw up to 50% of your wage on the same day that you worked your shift. Say goodbye to waiting for pay day to come around!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
What We Offer:
- Salary of up to £15.21/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed.
Click 'Apply' to submit an application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch.
Are You Interested? Then Apply Today!
If you have any difficulties whilst applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.