Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking for the next step up in your healthcare career?
At Newcross Healthcare, we believe that everyone has the right to the highest quality of care. when they need it. We're looking for those special people with experience of care work, who are passionate about helping individuals live their lives to the fullest.
We are currently on the lookout for a Student Nurse to join our team as a Care Assistant in York and the surrounding areas. You will be in charge of assisting our service users with personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
You'll join a supportive team of health and social care professionals to follow care plans and work towards the best possible outcome for our service users.
What do we have to offer?
- An hourly rate of up to £13.19 (this includes holiday pay)
- Instant pay with Flexi Pay
- A choice of shifts to suit your lifestyle, with part-time, full-time, night and day shifts available
- Free DBS and uniform
- Healthcare and mental health support through in-app advice and virtual appointments with NHS-registered GPs
- Access to Newcross World, our app-based training platform
Choose when you get paid by having instant access to up to 50% of your shifts value, even on weekends and bank holidays!
- An experienced support worker with a minimum of 3 months of paid experience in the past 3 years in the UK
- Experience in moving and handling and personal care
- You 2have completed 1 nurse placement and will need 2 references (one from their university and one from the placement)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- You will need access to a smart device with an internet connection
Passion and determination to bring comfort and joy to our service users is a must. We also expect you to demonstrate our core values of trust, empathy and expertise on every shift. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial but is not a requirement.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt