Student Nurse: Care Assistant
We are seeking Student Nurses who are dedicated and passionate about their career!
Newcross Healthcare are looking for dedicated Student Nurses to fill the role of a Care Assistant in Cardiff and the surrounding areas.
Your New Position
As a Newcross Carer, you will be providing expert care and support to our service users, promoting their well-being and empowering them to have the best quality of life in line with their care plan. You will support our service users in their daily lives and ensure that you help them with personal care tasks, integration within their community, any clinical needs required and any other additional services needed.
Meet Your Local Newcross Team
The Cardiff branch is based in Park Place, just a short distance from Cardiff Queen Street train station and Cardiff University.
Free Training Oppotunities
Gain valuable insight and skills through our comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These cover a range of topics including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Same Day Pay
We understand that living costs and last minute expenses can be difficult as a student, which is why we are delighted to offer you Flexi Pay! Our 'same day pay' feature on our HealthForce Go app allows you to withdraw up to 50% of the total value of your shift.
Why Choose Newcross?
- Salary of up to £13.83 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your study schedule
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
What You Will Need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the past 12 months, or you are willing to complete one with Newcross
- Have access to a smart phone, with internet access to manage your rotas on our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Click apply to submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call!
Don't wait, start your Newcross journey today!
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.