Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a Student Nurse? Looking for a role that fits around your studies? Then we have just the thing!
Newcross Healthcare are currently seeking Student Nurses to fill the position of Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding care to our service users within Ellesmere Port, Deeside, Chester and the surrounding areas.
Join our Chester branch today. We are based at 17 - 19 Boughton, near Chester train station and the Cathedral.
Your New Role
We are looking for patient and committed applicants who will be able to provide assistance to our clients whilst promoting our resident's independence, choice, dignity and respect.
As a Care Assistant, you will constantly ensure that the needs and requirements of our service users are met at all times. Your assistance will be required with personal care activities, social activities, clinical requirements and any additional activities that will encourage our service users to live as independently as they wish.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Living costs can be a struggle as a student, which is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo.
Your Development at Newcross
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
Begin your journey with us today!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.