Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a Student Nurse looking for a flexible job to suit your needs? Then join us!
Newcross Healthcare are offering flexible vacancies for Student Nurses to join us as Care Assistants to support and provide high quality care to our service users within Ellesmere Port, Deeside, Chester and the surrounds.
What To Expect In Your Role
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that the needs and requirements of our service users are met at all times. Your assistance will be required with personal care activities, social activities, clinical requirements and any additional activities that will encourage our service users to live as independently as they wish.
Your role will be varied and will range from clinical care to wider emotional and social support.
Free Ongoing Training And Development
Newcross is one of the UK's leading providers of specialist clinical training. Every month we deliver between 100 to 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants. Build up credits earned as you work to qualify for free training.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people; we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer.
Become Part of The Team
Meet your local team at our Chester branch. We are based at 17 - 19 Boughton, near Chester train station and the Cathedral.
Same Day Pay
Last minute expenses can be difficult when you are a student. Newcross understands this and we are delighted to offer you Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature. Simply digitally sign your timesheet with our app HealthForce Go and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
Requirements of the Role
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
Why Choose Us?
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay - Same day pay app feature
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
How To Proceed
Submit your application online and a member of our in-house recruitment team will call you to discuss the role further. We look forward to speaking to you!
Is this the opportunity you've been waiting for? Apply now!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.