Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a student nurse looking for a flexible job to suit your needs?
Newcross Healthcare have several opportunities for Student Nurses looking to work as Care Assistants, providing outstanding care and support to our service users in Preston, Chorley, Leyland, Kirkham, Ashton-on-Ribble, Garstang, Longton and the surrounding local areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will be playing an essential role in delivering person-centred and supportive care to each service user you care for.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability of promoting the well-being and quality of life of our residents whilst assisting them with their clinical and social needs.
Our Preston team
Our Preston branch are based in Guildhall St, near Preston train station and St. George's Shopping Centre
What makes us different?
With Newcross, you will be able to benefit from the flexibility of choosing your own hours, a permanent contract and a variety of training programmes earned through credits as you work.
Furthermore, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
What's in it for you?
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts from UK retailers
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- Free specialist training programs earned through credits as you work
This role requires:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to book on to a Newcross Healthcare one
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and submit your timesheets via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Click apply, submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.