Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking for ways to earn while you learn?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Student Nurses to fill our Care Assistant roles caring for our service users living in Rochdale, Bacup and the surrounding areas of Greater Manchester.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for caring and supporting our service users with a variety of life-enhancing tasks. You will assist with personal care, daily living activities, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
This exclusive app feature allows you to access up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Development
Newcross enables healthcare staff to access a broad scope of training programs earned through credits as you work and covering a variety of topics. These will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, Safeguarding Adults and and many more.
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from our clinical governance team, line manager, in house office support and a designated [field] team leader
Why work with us?
- Flexible full time and part time hours covering various shifts throughout the week
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Free specialised training programs covering various topics and all earned through credits as you work
The branch is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph and continuously works to provide the region with highest quality Nurses and Care Workers.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage pay
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.