Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking for a Care Assistant role to fit around your degree level studies?
This is a fantastic opportunity for compassionate Student Nurses to gain real experience in a Care Assistant role delivering excellent care and support to our residents in Plymouth and the surrounding towns.
About the role
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for a range of daily activities that will help our users to have a happy, dignified and independent living.
Some of these tasks will include: personal care, assisting residents with their social activities and recording basic observations such as blood pressure and temperature.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
In return you will get:
* Salary of up to £14.11/hr including holiday pay
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
* 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
* Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff.
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
* Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
With Newcross, you'll benefit from our many free training programmes which will enable you to gain useful knowledge and skills for your caring role, having the opportunity to evolve and progress in your career journey with us.
This could include training in Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Do you know about Flexi Pay?
We are the first healthcare provider in the UK which allows staff access to 'same day pay' via our app feature HealthForceGo. They have the option to request an advance against the completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after they've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
If you think you'd benefit from Flexi Pay, great news! We're hiring in your area.
Be part of our lovely team:
Located on the south Devon coast, Newcross Healthcare's Plymouth branch allows Newcross Healthcare to provide the South Devon and North Cornwall region with qualified nurses, care workers and care assistants.
Start your application today!
Submit your application today and a member of our team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.