Join our rewarding healthcare team
This is a great opportunity for caring Student Nurses to gain real experience in a Care Assistant role delivering exceptional care and support to our service users in Caernarfon, Bangor and the surrounding area.
What you'll do
Working with Newcross you will have the chance to assist our residents, encouraging their independence and supporting them with their social activities.
You will be gaining healthcare experience whilst providing the highest quality of care and support to our service users.
What you'll gain
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your time-sheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What will you learn?
As a Newcross carer you can take advantage of our wide range of free training courses such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and many more.
You will be able to learn new skills and also study a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
Find our branch
Newcross Healthcare's first branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station.
Make the most of:
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts in major UK retailers.
Flexible Pay - allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative HealthForceGo® app. Simply digitally sign, verify your timesheets and receive up to 50% of the value of your shift that same day
Begin your journey with us today!
Submit your application today and expect a call from one of our friendly team members.
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.