Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking for a flexible job that suits your needs?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Student Nurses to work as Care Assistants providing care and support to our service users living in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham, Brundall and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users with various important daily living activities. You will provide assistance with personal care tasks, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services required.
This innovative app feature enables healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Your local team
You will be joining our Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place in the city centre, just a short walk from Norwich train station. Our first branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours to fit around your studies
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- 30,000 discounts available throughout a variety of nationwide retailers
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Train with us!
Develop your skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering a range of different topics. These will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
- Salary of up to £12.25/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.