Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Ongoing training and support, same day pay and flexible hours!
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting Student Nurses to take on the role of a Care Assistant to provide outstanding care and support to our service users in Liverpool, Bootle and the surrounding local areas.
What's the role
As a Newcross carer you will be supporting and caring for our service users, encouraging them to have a happy, dignified and independent living.
Our successful candidates will have the ability to support our residents with personal care whilst managing client's care logs and medical requirements.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device to manage your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Your new team
We are located in Queen Avenue in the centre of Liverpool, close to James Street and Moorfields stations
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.03 per hour including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
With our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app you will be able to choose when you get paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Develop your skills
Join Newcross and improve your skills with our wide range of free training courses, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
You will have the opportunity to study many topics such as End of Life Care, Epilepsy Awareness, Safeguarding Adults and many more!
Submit your application today and expect a call from one of our friendly team members.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.