Do you love to help others? Have experience in healthcare? Then we want you!
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking for dedicated Support Workers to join a Substance Misuse project and support homeless adults in Cardiff, Pontypridd, Pontypool, Newport, Cwmbran, Caerphilly and the surrounding area.
Meet the team at our friendly Cardiff branch who are based in Park Place, close to Cardiff Queen Street train station
This position requires you to provide high quality support to homeless women and men who are former substance users and long-term street drinkers. You assist in helping and encouraging them to face housing and/or personal difficulties, promoting their independence and maintaining their dignity.
To be successful in the role, you will be a committed individual with previous experience supporting homeless people and the ability to help them to access and maintain accommodation, building their confidence and assisting them to achieve their preferred outcomes.
The role involves you to work Monday to Friday shifts (8:30am - 4:30 pm) coordinating a case load of around 20 service users. We also offer the option to work rolling rotas which include days, nights and weekends.
Same Day Pay
Flexible Pay - allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative HealthForceGo® app. Simply digitally sign, verify your timesheets and receive up to 50% of the value of your shift that same day!
Earn As You Learn
With Newcross you earn training credits for every hour you work and use them to take advantage of a comprehensive range of training programmes. These programs will enable you to develop your skill set and will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and many more.
Why Should You Choose Newcross?
- Salary of up to £15.21/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Interview via video call, no need to travel when you can interview from your own home
- Free ongoing training programmes earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar care or support role
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- Access to a smart phone or device to access your rotas, payslips and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Basic knowledge of Homelessness Law, the Criminal Justice System and DWP Benefits.
- Basic knowledge of how complex needs, such as substance misuse and mental health, can affect individuals and their vulnerability.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Experience of housing related support or homelessness (this can be from a personal perspective).
To be successful in the recruitment process, you must already be registered with Social Care Wales to practice in a residential home for children and young people in Wales (mandatory registration introduced 1 March 2008).
Click apply to submit your application and you can expect a call shortly after from a member of our recruitment team.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.