Support Worker - Autism
Do you want to make a difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare are currently hiring for dedicated Support Workers to join us in delivering expert care and support to our service users across Chester, Crewe, Nantwich, Sandbach, Wrenbury and the surroundings.
Join our friendly Chester team, located at 17 - 19 Boughton, close to the Chester Cathedral and train station.
As a Support Worker, your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred daily tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any further services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Newcross relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced support workers with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
- Salary of up to £13.72/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Flexi Pay, which will enable you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of worked shifts
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Develop your skills at Newcross Healthcare
At Newcross Healthcare we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training programmes, ensuring that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role and learn new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus many others.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role or environment within the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical abilities and prior experience
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our app HealthForceGo
Click the button to Apply
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you in your application.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way