Support Worker - Autism
Become a Newcross Support Worker today!
Newcross Healthcare are searching for professional and dedicated Support Workers to provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users with autism across Chester, Crewe, Nantwich, Sandbach, Wrenbury and the surrounding local areas.
In this position you will be promoting the well-being and quality of life of every service user you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
The ideal applicant is kind, patient and prepared to provide expert support that allows our service users to live the life they wish to lead. Extensive experience in housekeeping tasks and caring for others will strengthen your application.
Your Local Branch - Meet our lovely Chester team, located at 17 - 19 Boughton, close to the Chester Cathedral and train station
Access Same Day Pay
Access 50% of your wages as and when you please with our same day pay app feature, Flexi Pay and design your life by choosing when you work with our app HealthForceGo.
It is important for us to provide stability, which is why we offer flexibility. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
Advantages of Newcross
- Salary of up to £13.72/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Flexi Pay, which will enable you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of worked shifts
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Gain valuable insight and skills through our comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These cover a range of topics including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role or environment within the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical abilities and prior experience
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our app HealthForceGo
The Next Steps
Don't hesitate, click 'apply' to submit your online application and you will receive a call from our in-house recruitment team shortly after to discuss the role further.
Join the Newcross family today!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.