Support Worker - Children
Further Your Career In Healthcare Today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Support Workers to provide school support for a child with complex care needs living in Bridgwater.
This position is an ongoing long-term role.
About The Role
As a Support Worker, you will provide person-centred care and support to a child with a variety of complex care needs at school from 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
The needs of our service users vary but can include Epilepsy, Ventilation and Tracheostomy.
There will be a flexible and varied shift pattern during school holidays.
Benefits Of Joining
Choose us and access a minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work per week, set rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance to suit you and a variety of free tailored training programs earned through credits as you work.
We Offer 'Flexi Pay'
Healthcare staff will have the chance to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day! Access 50% of your wages as and when you please with our same day pay app feature, Flexi Pay and design your life by choosing when you work with our app HealthForceGo.
- Salary of up to £10.46/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing support from Lead Paediatric Nurses
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed.
You Will Need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
The Branch - Based in Staplegrove Road, our branch is just a short distance from Taunton train station.
Don't Wait, Submit Your Application Now!
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.