Support Worker - Children
At Newcross, we offer you the chance to change lives in your community
We're recruiting for Support Workers to join our team in Bridgwater, Taunton, Wellington and the surrounding areas of Somerset, delivering quality care in the home to children with a variety of needs. These will include Ventilation, Epilepsy and Tracheostomy. This role involves working as part of a small team of health and social care workers to support people with day-to-day activities, in line with their individual care plans. Specialist training will be given, tailored to the packages of care you work on, so this is a great chance to upskill in new areas.
With Flexi Pay, you are in control of when you get paid. All you need to do is submit your timesheets through our app and you'll instantly withdraw up to 25% of the value of your shifts even on weekends and bank holidays!
What we require
With at least 3 months of professional experience, or experience of caring for a loved one, you'll be well-placed to apply. You'll need a valid Moving and Handling certificate and feel comfortable helping service users with limited mobility. The right to work in the UK is a requirement. In addition to your caregiving experience, you should be able to demonstrate occasions where you have exhibited our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness. We'll expect you to uphold these values when on shift. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, but is not a requirement.
- An hourly rate of up to £10.46, including holiday pay
- The ability to get paid instantly
- Fixed hours on a rota basis
- Alternate weekends
- Working with Lead Paediatric Nurse and complex care team
- Free training opportunities to specialise in areas of your choosing
- Access to appointments with NHS-registered GPs through a Virtual GP app
- Face to face and telephone counselling to help you when life gets tough