Support Worker - Children
We are looking for people that want to make a change in someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Support Workers to cover waking night shifts caring for children living with complex care needs in their own homes in Bridgwater, Taunton, Wellington and the surrounding areas of Somerset.
As a Support Worker, you will work with children living with a variety of complex care needs and ensure that they receive life-enhancing care and support at all times. You will assist with personal care, clinical requirements, medication support, posture care, social activities and any additional services needed.
There are various complex care needs that you could assist children with including Epilepsy, Ventilation and Tracheostomy.
Flexi Pay app feature!
We have a new and innovative app feature that allows you to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the very same day by simply submitting your timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Work with our team!
Choose us and take advantage of a minimum hours guarantee as part of our permanent contracts, set rotas organised in advance to suit your needs and free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering various topics.
- Salary of up to £14.46/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Working with a Lead Paediatric Nurse
- Alternate weekend working included in this role
- 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you will be willing to complete this with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips on our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply now and a member of our friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and a member of our team will be sure to assist you. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.