Children's Support Worker - Days & Waking Nights
Apply today and make a true difference!
As a Support Worker in Taunton and the surrounds, you will work alongside a team of health and social care workers to provide care for children with complex care needs in their own homes.
- Assisting with tasks like shopping, day-to-day tasks and appointments
- posture care
- Assisting with dressing
- Assisting with trips out
It is essential that you have prior experience of assisting service users with Airway Management, PEG Feeding and Tracheostomy but full training and induction will be provided.
- A competitive remuneration of £16.23 per hour, including holiday pay
- Take control of when you get paid with instant Flexi Pay
- Fixed hours on a rota basis
- Access to Newcross World, a new world of learning, to manage skills, learn new ones and unlock new opportunities in the care sector
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
- Free DBS and uniform
What you'll need
We look for carers with at least 3 months of caring experience or experience caring for a loved one. We do also accept applications from individuals with experience in caring for a loved one. However, we're not just looking for clinical experience - we also want candidates to demonstrate occasions where they have exhibited our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness.
If you do not have a current Moving and Handling certificate, we will support you with training during your induction period.
The right to work in the UK is a must-have, as is access to a smart device. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial but is not a requirement.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt
Instantly access up to 50% of your current shifts value, even on weekends and bank holidays!