Support Worker - Days & Waking Nights
Further Your Career In Healthcare Today!
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting seasoned Support Workers to cover waking night and day shifts providing care to adults living with complex care needs in Taunton, Bridgwater, Wellington and the surrounding local areas.
We have 12 hour day and waking night shifts available as part of this role.
About The Position
As a Support Worker, you will provide care to adults living with complex care needs in their own homes. You will support with personal care, medication support, clinical needs, posture care, feeding and PEG care, meal preparation, social activities and any additional services required.
You could provide assistance with different needs including Ventilation, Epilepsy and Tracheostomy.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We Offer 'Same Day Pay'
At Newcross, we appreciate that last minute expenses can be stressful so we have introduced the Flexi Pay app feature. With Flexi Pay you are able to withdraw up to 50% of your wage on the same day that you worked your shift. Say goodbye to waiting for pay day to come around!
What We Offer You:
We offer our Complex Care Assistants the opportunity to benefit from a minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours per week and rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance so you can feel secure in organising your schedule around your shifts!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Perks Of Joining
- Salary of up to £12.46/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract
- Minimum hours guarantee
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work with a variety of 30,000 discounts in retailers nationwide
- Dedicated suppport from a Lead Nurse
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Video calling technology to enable you to attend your interview without leaving the house!
Based in Staplegrove Road, our branch is just a short distance from Taunton train station.
Click 'Apply' to submit an application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch.
Join Newcross Today!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.