Support Worker - Days & Waking Nights
Are you looking for ways to make a change?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to cover waking night and day shifts providing care to adults living with complex care needs in Taunton, Bridgwater, Wellington and the surrounding areas.
We have 12 hour day and waking night shifts available as part of this role.
As a Support Worker, you will provide care to adults living with complex care needs in their own homes. You will support with personal care, medication support, clinical needs, posture care, feeding and PEG care, meal preparation, social activities and any additional services required.
You could provide assistance with different needs including Ventilation, Epilepsy and Tracheostomy.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
This flexible app feature on the HealthForceGo® app allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Take advantage of
- Salary of up to £12.46/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract
- Minimum hours guarantee
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work with a variety of 30,000 discounts in retailers nationwide
- Dedicated suppport from a Lead Nurse
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
Work with our Newcross team!
Take advantage of set rotas organised in advance to suit your ongoing needs and commitments, a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and 20 hours of work guaranteed per week through our minimum hours guarantee.
Based in Staplegrove Road, our branch is just a short distance from Taunton train station.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.