Support Worker - Children
Make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children!
As a Support Worker in Galashiels, Peebles, Melrose and the surrounding areas of the Scottish Borders, you'll love nothing more than being a true companion to the people in your care. You'll join a dedicated health and social care team, providing support to children and young people with learning disabilities. You will assist them with a variety of tasks that promote independent living, such as personal care, emotional support, social integration activities, domestic tasks, meal preparation and any additional duties needed.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we'll offer you a range of exclusive benefits, as well as training and personal development opportunities.
Flexi Pay gives you the option to immediately access up to 50% of the value of your current shifts - even on weekends and bank holidays. Simply submit your timesheets via our handy app, HealthForceGo!
- A competitive remuneration of up to £14.23 per hour, including holiday pay
- Instant pay, using our in-app Flexi Pay feature
- Flexible shifts to suit your lifestyle, with part-time, full-time, day and night shift patterns available
- Free ongoing learning and development
- Access to NHS-registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
- Free PVG and uniform
- A minimum of 3 months paid experience from within the past 3 years in the UK
- Experience in moving and handling and personal care
- SSSC registration
- Positive, patient and understanding attitude
- The right to live and work in the UK
Ultimately, you'll be fuelled by your desire to make a real difference in the lives of children and young individuals. You will also need a smart device with internet access to pick up shifts and submit timesheets via our app, HealthForceGo. Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not required.