Support Worker - Children
Do you want to become a part of something bigger?
As a Support Worker in Shrewsbury and the surrounds, you'll love nothing more than being a true companion to the people in your care. You'll be caring for children and young people supporting them with maintaining the home (laundry, cleaning, shoping, etc.) providing encouragement (getting ready for school), meal planning and liaising with external and internal stakeholders.
Since our first launch, 24 years ago, we have gone from strength to strength. We're a healthcare employer with a difference. We are powered by our fantastic teams and our innovations in technology, providing a market-leading employee experience.
- An hourly rate of up to £13.74, including holiday pay
- Immediate pay with Flexi Pay, making the wait for payday a thing of the past
- A range of flexible shifts to choose from including part-time, full-time, day and night shifts
- Free training opportunities to take your career in whichever direction you choose
- Access to appointments with NHS-registered GPs through a Virtual GP app
- Face to face and telephone counselling for mental health support when you need it
This is an innovative app feature that allows you to choose when you get paid! All you need to do is submit your timesheets through our app and you'll gain instant access to up to 50% of the value of your existing shifts even on weekends and bank holidays.
You'll need to be an empathetic caregiver, with a minimum of 3 months of experience under your belt, a valid certificate in Moving and Handling, and the right to live and work in the UK. You'll have a desire to become a true companion to the people in your care. You will need a smart device with internet access to pick up shifts and submit timesheets via our app, HealthForceGo. Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not required.
You'll additionally need to have prior experience of supporting children within a childcare environment working with challenging behaviour and hold a minimum of a NVQ Level 3 in childcare for this role.