Could you be the next care giving hero?As a Support Worker in Aberdeen, Stonehaven and the surrounds, you'll take the variety and challenges that every day brings in your stride, with a positive mental attitude and brilliant sense of humour. Keen to build lasting relationships with service users and their families, you'll be on hand to help with a variety of tasks. From support with health issues to trips into the local community, no two days will be the same. You'll work alongside a small health and social care team in the homes of our clients.
You'll need to have prior experience of aiding service users in children's services and palliative care and with challenging behaviours and learning disabilities.
You will need
To join our team, you will need around 3 months of paid care experience or experience of caring for a loved one, along with the right to work in the UK. You will also need a valid Moving and Handling certificate.
You must be SSSC registered or commit to registering when you join our team and you will also need a smartphone device with internet connection.
To apply for this role, you'll need to be a driver.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
Benefits at Newcross
- A competitive pay package of £15.24 per hour, including holiday pay
- The ability to get paid instantly
- Free uniform and PVG check
- Fixed hours on a rota basis
- Free training opportunities to specialise in areas of your choosing
- Access to appointments with NHS-registered GPs through a Virtual GP app
- An immersive learning experience through Newcross World, our app-based training platform
- Face to face and telephone counselling to help you when life gets tough
Instantly access up to 50% of your current shifts value, even on weekends and bank holidays!