Support Worker - Children
Do you want to become a part of something bigger?
Newcross Healthcare is currently hiring Support Workers to cover waking night shifts providing care to children living with complex care needs in their own homes in Taunton, Wellington, Bridgwater and the surrounding local areas of Somerset.
Access 'Same Day Pay'
Never have to worry about when pay day is again with Flexi Pay, our app feature that allows you to withdraw same day pay for up to 50% of the value of your shift. Bank holidays and weekends are also included!
As a Support Worker, you will work alongside a Lead Paediatric Nurse to ensure that children with complex care needs receive the utmost care and support at all times. You will support with personal care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services required.
You could work with children living with a variety of needs including Epilepsy, Tracheostomy, Epilepsy but they do vary.
- Salary of up to £14.46/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Alternate weekend working
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Various discounts within high street retailers
- Minimum hours guarantee
- Set rotas organised in advance
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
You Need These Skills:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you will be willing to complete this with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips on our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
We offer our Complex Care Assistants the opportunity to benefit from a minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours per week and rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance so you can feel secure in organising your schedule around your shifts!
How To Join
To begin your career with Newcross today, simply click 'Apply' to submit your online application. A member of our dedicated in-house recruitment team will call you to discuss the role further. We look forward to speaking to you!
Is This The Opportunity You've Been Waiting For? Apply Now!
If you have any difficulties whilst applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.