Support Worker - Children
We are looking for individuals like you to join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Support Workers to cover waking night shifts providing care to children living with complex care needs in their own homes in Taunton, Wellington, Bridgwater and the surrounding areas of Somerset.
As a Support Worker, you will work alongside a Lead Paediatric Nurse to ensure that children with complex care needs receive the utmost care and support at all times. You will support with personal care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services required.
You could work with children living with a variety of needs including Epilepsy, Tracheostomy, Epilepsy but they do vary.
Our exclusive app feature!
Flexi Pay enables healthcare staff to benefit from an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you will be willing to complete this with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips on our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Working with Newcross!
Choose us today and take advantage of 20 hours of work per week guaranteed, organised rotas set in advance to suit your pre-existing commitments and free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work.
- Salary of up to £14.46/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Alternate weekend working
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Various discounts within high street retailers
- Minimum hours guarantee
- Set rotas organised in advance
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
You will have the option to do the interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and a member of our team will be sure to assist you. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.