Support Worker - Personalised Care
We want carers like you to join our team and help us make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for our service users living with complex care needs within in their own homes within Landolph, Saltash and the surrounding areas.
Applicants will need to be drivers with a clean licence.
As a Support Worker, you will provide life-enhancing care and support to service users with a variety of complex care requirements. Your tasks will include personal care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, meal preparation, posture care and any additional services needed.
It is highly desirable that candidates are active and be comfortable supporting activities such as swimming, attending football, dance and walking.
Working with Newcross gives over 7,500 healthcare staff the chance to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shift within the very same day through our exclusive HealthForceGo® app feature! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete this course with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips on our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Healthcare staff have the opportunity to benefit from organised rotas set in advance to fit around your needs, a minimum of 20 hours of work guaranteed per week and various free tailored training programs earned through credits as you work.
- Salary of up to £12.52/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Days, nights and weekend shifts available
- Free client specific training
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Up to 30,000 discounts available in a variety of high street retailers
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your local branch are based in Lemon Street, close to Truro Cathedral and just a short distance from Truro station.
Submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.