Support Worker - Adults
Are you passionate about caring for others?
At Newcross Healthcare, we are recruiting dedicated Support Workers to join our team in Marlborough area, to deliver outstanding care to our service user who is Quadriplegic in their own home. Your duties will include supporting t with personal care tasks, meal preparation, clinical needs, Tracheostomy, PEG and AD and you will be supported by a team of health and social care workers.
Our service user likes animals such as cats, dogs and horses. They also enjoy hosting dinner parties and getting out and about. This is an opportunity to become a true companion to our client.
Shifts: Sunday to Monday, days from 8am to 8pm and nights from 8pm to 8am.
To join us you'll need
- At least 3 months of paid caring experience or experience caring for a loved one
- A valid Moving and Handling certificate
- The right to work in the UK
- A smartphone device with internet connection
- Access to a vehicle is desirable but not a requirement
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt
You will need to hold a valid UK drivers licence as you will have access to the service user's mobility car.
Have the option to immediately withdraw up to 50% of your existing shift's value, even on weekends and bank holidays. All you need to do is submit your timesheets through our handy app, HealthForceGo.
Perks of the job
- A competitive pay package of £17.67 per hour, including holiday pay
- Get instant pay with our Flexi Pay service
- Fixed hours, determined by a rota, so you can your free time ahead
- Access to Newcross World, a new world of learning, to develop your skills and unlock new opportunities in the care sector
- Access to NHS registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments
- Free DBS and uniform