Support Worker - Personalised Care
Our local Shrewsbury branch is located in Shrewsbury Business Park, near Percy Throwers Garden Centre and Shrewsbury Town Football Ground.
We are looking for a support worker just like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Support Workers to care for a young man with mobility and learning disabilities living in his own home in Oswestry.
As you will be driving our service users' vehicle, you will need to over 25 and have a full, clean driving licence.
What is Flexi Pay?
Flexi Pay is our new and exclusive app feature that allows our healthcare staff to receive up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Complex care role
As a Care Assistant, you will provide dedicated care and support to our service user to enable him to live his life as independently as possible. You will support him with personal care tasks, clinical needs and accessing the community to engage in his interests and hobbies.
We will provide you with specialist training and ensure that you are mentored and supported at all times by our complex care team.
Why choose our Newcross team?
- Rotas arranged 4 to 6 weeks in advance to fit around your existing commitments
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Minimum hours guarantee available with at least 20 hours of work guaranteed
- Salary of up to £14.96/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Paid shadow shifts
- Training and development including support towards and NVQ/SVQ qualification
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!