Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Looking to develop your clinical knowledge and skills?
As a Support Worker in Haddington, North Berwick, Longniddry, Garvald, Ormiston, Tranent and the surrounds, you'll get stuck in with a variety of different tasks to deliver person-centred care. You'll be supporting service users living with learning disabilities and assisting them with daily living activities. These will include personal care tasks, making up beds, clinical needs, washing, social activities and any other services needed.
Working with Newcross is a golden-ticket opportunity to challenge yourself in a rewarding role with plenty of opportunities to advance your career in care.
Benefit with us
- A competitive remuneration of £13.93 per hour, including holiday pay
- Take control of when you get paid with instant Flexi Pay
- Select shifts to suit your lifestyle through our app, with part-time, full-time, night and day shifts available
- Free, ongoing clinical training, including COVID-19 specific modules
- Access to NHS registered GPs with virtual appointments and mental health support
What is Flexi Pay?
Our new flexible pay feature Flexi Pay, allows healthcare staff to submit their timesheets and gain instant access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your existing shifts even on weekends and bank holidays!
You'll need to be an empathetic caregiver, with a minimum of 3 months of experience under your belt, a valid certificate in Moving and Handling, and the right to live and work in the UK. You'll have a desire to become a true companion to the people in your care. You will need a smart device with internet access to pick up shifts and submit timesheets via our app, HealthForceGo. Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not required.