Joining Newcross as a Support Worker in Edinburgh, you'll take the variety and challenges that every day brings in your stride, with a positive mental attitude and brilliant sense of humour. Keen to build lasting relationships with service users and their families while you provide support for them within their own home, you'll be on hand to help with a variety of tasks. From support with health issues to trips into the local community, no two days will be the same.
To give you an idea of a typical day, this is how your healthcare experience would have been put to good use on your most recent shift:
- Delivering person-centred care to service users in line with their individual care plans
- Supporting service users with personal care tasks, clinical needs and social activities
- Assisting the nurses, clinical support workers and other members of the team of health and social care workers
To undertake this role you will need:
You'll have at least 3 months of experience under your belt already, a valid certificate in Moving and Handling, and the right to live and work in the UK. You'll need to be able to demonstrate that you possess our core values of trust, empathy and expertise. You will need access to a smart device with an internet connection to pick up shifts and submit timesheets through our app, HealthForceGo. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, but is not a requirement.
Benefits will include:
- A competitive remuneration of £13.93 per hour, including holiday pay
- Instant pay, using our in-app Flexi Pay feature
- Flexible shifts to suit your lifestyle, with part-time, full-time, day and night shift patterns available
- Free ongoing learning and development
- Access to NHS-registered GPs and mental health support to avoid waiting for NHS appointments.
If you think variety is the spice of life and enjoy building great relationships with colleagues and service users, then a career in care at Newcross would suit you. Apply today.