Newcross Healthcare is looking to expand our team of healthcare professionals
Newcross Healthcare are currently seeking reliable Support Workers to deliver the highest quality of care and support for our service users in Edinburgh and the surrounding local towns and suburbs. We are looking for dedicated and committed health professionals who will uphold our philosophy of care promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
The local Newcross team are based in our Edinburgh branch which is located at 5 New Mart Place, close to Slateford Railway Station.
Become a Support Worker
As a Newcross Support Worker, expect job satisfaction that goes beyond other care agencies. Our nursing and care assistant jobs come with peace-of-mind as our staff are employed on a permanent basis and with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
In your role as a Support Worker, you will be helping our service users with the development of new skills, supporting the development of daily living activities and tasks and encouraging integration and participation within the local community.
Same Day Pay
Our Flexi Pay app feature allows you to withdraw 'same day pay' for up to 50% of the value of your shift.
Simply digitally submit your timesheet and you can choose when you withdraw your pay! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
Benefits of Newcross
- Salary of up to £14.22/hr including holiday pay
- Free PVG check and uniform
- Flexi Pay - Same day pay app feature
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Online Training exclusively by Newcross so you can develop your skills on the job! We have over 200 courses for you to choose from depending on how you wish to improve your skill set
- With our HealthForceGo® App you can manage your own workload, download your payslips, organise your shifts and get access to same day pay!
Free Training Programs
We offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people; we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer.
Some of the courses we have include Safeguarding Adults, Learning Disability, Basic Life Support and Moving and Handling. We're here to help you progress in any way you choose and you will have your own line manager to help you along the way.
Requirements of the role
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to access your timesheets, payslips and rotas on our mobile app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is preferable, but not mandatory
How To Proceed
To begin your career with Newcross today, simply click 'Apply' to submit your online application. A member of our dedicated in-house recruitment team will call you to discuss the role further. We look forward to speaking to you!
If this sounds like you, apply now!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all