At Newcross we value trust, empathy and expertise. Do you?
We are looking for Support Workers to join our friendly teams across Edinburgh. The ideal candidate will be happy to assist and care for our service users as well as face new challenges within the Healthcare Industry.
Our Edinburgh branch is located at 5 New Mart Place, close to Slateford Railway Station.
Just give us a call to discuss the opportunities available to you!
What will you be doing?
- With a flexible rota, you will be working full or part time helping our service users with the daily problems they face as well as assisting with any additional needs they require.
- You'll also need to provide support with participation within their local community, developing new skills and encouraging them to live their lives the way they wish.
- Compassion goes a long way which is why it's important to have a positive and professional attitude to aid our service users in any way you can
- At Newcross, you're able to choose your shifts to fit around your own personal schedule
- Shift work from long days and nights to weekends and evenings and can be located in various care environments
- Guaranteed permanent contract
- We now offer video calls - instead of travelling to an interview, you can do this from the comfort of your own home.
- Salary of up to £14.22/hr including holiday pay
- Free PVG check and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Online Training exclusively by Newcross so you can develop your skills on the job! We have over 200 courses for you to choose from depending on how you wish to improve your skill set - you'll earn these through credits as you work
- With our HealthForceGo® App, you can manage your own workload, download your payslips, organise your shifts and get access to same day pay!
How can you develop your skills?
At Newcross, we strive on providing clear career progression through Online Training Courses. This means you can have access to a wide variety of courses to develop your skills even further!
Some of the courses we have include Safeguarding Adults, Learning Disability, Basic Life Support and Moving and Handling. We're here to help you progress in any way you choose and you will have your own line manager to help you along the way.
What do we need from you?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to access your timesheets, payslips and rotas on our mobile app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is preferable, but not mandatory
If you share our ethos, apply today and become a valued part of our team!
If you happen to encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.