At Newcross, we believe that everyone has the right to the highest standard of care, whenever they need it. We are actively seeking a passionate Support Worker to join our team and help individuals live their lives to the fullest.
You will be working in Galashiels, Peebles, Melrose and the surrounding areas of the Scottish Borders and will earn up to £14.23 per hour (including holiday pay).
Support Worker requirements
- Moving and handling and personal care experience
- The right to work in the UK
- At least 3 months of paid care giving experience from within the past 3 years in the UK
- Positive attitude, bubbly personality and an empathetic approach
- You must be SSC registered or commit to registering
- Access to a vehicle is desirable, but not essential
What you will get in return at Newcross
- Flexi Pay and HealthForceGo: Flexi Pay allows you instantly access to up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts, even on weekends and bank holidays. Available through our app, HealthForceGo. This app also lets you choose a wide range of flexible working patterns, to fit around your lifestyle.
- You can also boost your earnings with up to 30% pay increase by working last-minute weekend shifts
- Newcross World: our app-based training platform to help you progress in your career
- Free Newcross uniform
- Recommend a friend scheme: refer other nurses and carers and benefit from bonuses
- Perks at Work: allowing you access to your favourite brands across 20 categories at a discounted price
- Virtual consultations with NHS-registered GPS and mental health support
We are looking for someone who is a real people's person and constantly thrives to build relationships with their colleagues and service users throughout every shift.
Does this sound like you? By joining Newcross Healthcare as a Support Worker, you will help make a true difference in someone else's life.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.