Change lives with us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for our service users living in Hastings, Battle, St Leonards-on-Sea, Rye, Winchelsea, East Sussex and the surrounding areas.
Flexi Pay allows our healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts in the same day by submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Support Worker, you will provide dedicated care and support to our service users at all times. You will assist them with personal care activities, encourage independent living, clinical requirements, integration within their community and any other activities.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Work with Newcross!
- Flexible full time and part time hours with shifts to pick from
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Advantages will include
- Salary of up to £12.96/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Specialised training available free through credits earned as you work
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay app feature
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work discount scheme
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Train & develop
Have the exclusive opportunity to broaden your skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Safeguarding Adults, Epilepsy and many more.
Our Eastbourne branch is located at Gildredge Road, next to Eastbourne train station. If you're an experienced care assistant or registered nurse, we could have the job for you.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.