Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Support Workers like you make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Support Workers to care for our service users with learning disabilities in New Romney, Tenterden, Ashford and the surrounding areas.
Skills & Opportunities
Newcross Healthcare gives staff the chance to develop their skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics vary but include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, End of Life Care and many more.
As a Support Worker, you will work hard to provide person-centred care to our service users with a variety of important daily living tasks. You will assist with personal care, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services required.
We are looking for applicants that have prior experience of providing care to adults with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
Flexi Pay gives healthcare staff the chance to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible hours available to suit you
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts within high street retailers throughout the UK
- Free training programs earned through credits earned as you work
- Salary of up to £13.19/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!