Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Looking for a rewarding role in healthcare?
As a Support Worker in Trowbridge and the surroundings, you'll reap the rewards of supporting vulnerable people to live their lives in a dignified way. You'll be assisting our service users with a range of daily living activities such as personal care, clinical needs, making up beds, meal preparation, social activities and any other services required. Your duties will vary, but the ultimate aim will be to ensure that the people in your care are safe, comfortable and happy. You'll work as part of a supportive team of health and social care workers and benefit from ongoing opportunities for training and professional development.
You'll be an experienced carer with a minimum of 3 months of experience. If you don't yet have an up-to-date Moving and Handling certificate, you can complete our training. You will need the right to live and work in the UK.
On top of your clinical experience, we'll expect you to demonstrate our core values of trust, empathy and expertise on every shift. You will need access to a smart device with an internet connection to pick up shifts and submit timesheets through our app, HealthForceGo®. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial but is not a requirement.
Flexi Pay gives you the option to choose when you get paid! Simply submit your timesheets through our app, and you'll be able to instantly withdraw an advance of up to 50% of the value of your existing shifts, even on weekends and bank holidays.
Benefits at Newcross
- An hourly rate of up to £14.51, including holiday pay
- Choose when you get paid with our instant pay facility
- Flexible shift patterns to work around you and your family life, including part-time or full-time hours, night and day shifts
- Ongoing training opportunities to forge your own career path
- Unlimited access to NHS-registered GPs via the Virtual GP app and mental health support when you need it