Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Our Bath branch is located a short distance away from town. We cover a wide area, ranging from Eastern Somerset regions such as Glastonbury and Wells, over to Trowbridge, Warminster and the local city areas of Bath.
Are you a hard-working carer? Looking to strengthen your clinical knowledge?
Newcross Healthcare are on the look-out for experienced Support Workers to care for service users living with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviours in Trowbridge and the surrounding areas. We're a forward-thinking, independent healthcare organisation operating on a national scale.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £15.29/hr including holiday pay
- Flexible full time and part time hours
- Flexi Pay - Up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
Flexible pay with Flexi-Pay!
Get paid through our exclusive Flexi Pay feature, which allows you to access up to 50% of your pay the same day as you complete a shift, even on bank holidays and weekends!
- Flexible part time and full time hours with weekday, weekend and night shifts to choose from
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts in a variety of high street retailers
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Avoid NHS wait times. Our healthcare & mental health support package includes a Virtual GP for convenient consultations, advice and prescriptions - all using your mobile device*
The supporting role
- Working with our service users living with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviours
- Ensuring to give outstanding care and support at all times
- Assisting with personal care tasks, development of new skills, and clinical requirements
- Encouraging social integration and participation within the local community
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Begin your journey with us today!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.