Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Are you looking for career that helps you to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for service users living with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviours in Trowbridge and the surrounding areas.
What is Flexi Pay?
Flexi Pay is a new and exclusive HealthForceGo® app that enables you to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts in the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Why choose us?
- Flexible hours with weekday, weekend and night shifts to choose from
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts in a variety of high street retailers
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
As a Support Worker, you will work with our service users living with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviours and ensure that they receive outstanding care and support at all times. You will assist with personal care tasks, development of new skills, clinical requirements and integration within their existing community.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Local Bath team
Our Bath branch is located a short distance away from town. We cover a wide area, ranging from Eastern Somerset regions such as Glastonbury and Wells, over to Trowbridge, Warminster and the local city areas of Bath.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £15.29/hr including holiday pay
- Flexible full time and part time hours
- Flexi Pay - Up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
What are my next steps?
Submit your application today and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch soon.
Join us now!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.