Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Are you passionate about making a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Support Workers to provide care to our service users with various learning disabilities living in Chelmsford and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Support Worker, you will work closely with our service users with learning disabilities and ensure that they receive high quality care at all times in line with their personal care plans.
You will provide assistance with daily living activities, clinical requirements, social integration activities, social integration within their local communities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
With Newcross, you have the ability to choose when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets before 5pm and and withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Join our team!
- Flexible full time and part time hours
- Perks at Work discount scheme
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £13.19 per hour including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Flexi Pay - Up to 50% of the value of your shift
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Train with us!
Our exclusive training programs allow you to develop your skill set for free through credits earned as you work. We cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Support, Dementia Care, End of Life, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Our Colchester branch are based at 37 Crouch Street, just a short distance from the town centre, Colchester Town train station and also the Natural History Museum.
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Previous experience for at least 3 months in a similar support role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way