Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Are you passionate about making a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for our service users living with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours in Colchester and the surrounding areas.
As a Support Worker, you will be strive to ensure that service users consistently receive person-centred care at all times. You will actively assist them with daily living activities, personal care, development of new skills, social integration and any additional services needed.
You will need to have a calm demeanour as you will work with service users of various ages and with different challenges due to their learning disabilities.
Flexi Pay is a new and innovative app feature that allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shift in the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible full time and part time hours with a variety of different shifts to pick from
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Train with us!
Newcross Healthcare gives successful candidates the chance to develop their existing skill set with a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
- Salary of up to £13.19 per hour including holiday pay
Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexi Pay app feature
- Perks at Work scheme
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Previous experience for at least 3 months in a similar support role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our friendly Colchester branch are situated at 37 Crouch Street, just a short distance from the town centre, Colchester Town train station and also the Natural History Museum.
Submit your application today and member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.