Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Joining Newcross as a Learning Disabilities Support Worker in Haddington, North Berwick, Longniddry, Garvald, Ormiston, Tranent and the surrounding areas,you'll take the variety and challenges that every day brings in your stride, with a positive mental attitude and brilliant sense of humour.
Keen to build lasting relationships with service users and their families while you provide support for them within their own home, you'll be on hand to help with a variety of tasks. From support with health issues to trips into the local community, no two days will be the same.
Could you be our next care-giving champion?
You'll already have a minimum of 3 months experience under your belt and hold a valid Moving and Handling certificate. We do also accept candidates with experience of caring for a loved one. The right to work in the UK is a must. As well as excellence in care, we also need you to demonstrate our core values of positivity, trustworthiness, respectfulness, understanding, kindness, and calmness on every shift.
In this rewarding, flexible working support staff job, you'll play an integral role in a range of healthcare settings in your area. To give you an idea of a typical day, this is how your healthcare experience would have been put to use on your most recent shift:
* Delivering person-centred care to service users in line with their care plans
* Supporting service users with personal care tasks, clinical needs and social activities
* Assisting the nurses and other members of the team of health and social care workers
What will you receive?
* Competitive hourly rates of up to £13.93 per hour including holiday pay
* Instant pay, using our in-app Flexi Pay feature
* Flexible working shifts to suit your lifestyle
* Free ongoing training opportunities
If you think variety is the spice of life and enjoy building great relationships with colleagues and service users, then a career in care at Newcross would suit you. Apply today.