Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Our Edinburgh branch are located in New Mart Place, close to Slateford train station
Newcross Healthcare are currently seeking experienced Support Workers to join our team providing care to our service users living with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviour across Haddington, North Berwick, Longniddry, Garvald, Ormiston, Tranent and the surrounding areas.
Why join Newcross?
We pride ourselves on being flexible with our valued team members.
We offer all of our healthcare staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and your commitments.
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
Some of these courses include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
As a Support Worker, you will be helping our users with the development of new skills, supporting the development of daily living activities and tasks and encouraging integration and participation within the local community.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with a range of clients who vary in age, with each individual experiencing different challenges due to their physical or learning disabilities.
It is essential that you have prior experience of caring for service users living with learning disabilities, autism or challenging behaviour.
- Salary of up to £13.45 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts at 80 high street shops
You will also be able to access our new FlexiPay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Just submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day.
What you will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Medication training is essential for this role
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Access to a smart phone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.